DSFI: Dynamic Shaft Fitting Addendum
The Modern Guide To Shaft Fitting Now Online FREE!
Are there standards for shaft specifications?
Originally published in 1992, "The Modern Guide to Shaft Fitting" is the book that changed the way clubmakers (and for much of the golf industry) view golf shafts. The "Modern Guide to Shaft Fitting" verified what clubmaker's long suspected, that shaft specifications that were thought to be the same are not comparable at all. In 1989, Dynacraft Golf (now a Hireko brand), in a joint venture with the shaft company Apollo Golf, embarked on a project to test various shaft specifications under one single set of testing conditions. The tests would reveal variations in testing methods and labeling shaft flex, shaft torque, bend point, kick point, etc.
"The Modern Guide to Shaft Fitting" goes in-depth on each of the various shaft parameters, plus ties it all together using the most innovative shaft fitting system ever created, the Dynamic Shaft Fitting Index. The DSFI is a mathematical formula for shaft stiffness, based on the measured shaft frequency and torque of a shaft, and then equates it into a player's swing speed. If you want to truly learn about shafts and shaft fitting, then second edition of "The Modern Guide to Shaft Fitting" is a must read. The latest edition is partially re-written to reflect on what we have learned the past eight years.
If you are having any problems downloading these files, please email us. We can also email the chapters to those that are having trouble downloading.
TO DOWNLOAD MODERN GUIDE TO SHAFT FITTING, JUST CLICK ON THE CHAPTER!
- Chapter 1 The Evolution Of Shaft Fitting (file size 159kb)
- Chapter 2 A Need For Comparable Shaft Information (file size 96kb)
- Chapter 3 A Comparison Of Shaft Deflection Measurements (file size 136kb)
- Chapter 4 A Comparison Of Shaft vibrational Frequencies (file size 144kb)
- Chapter 5 A Comparison Of Shaft Torque (file size 102kb)
- Chapter 6 A Discussion Of Kick Point/Bend Point And Balance Point (file size 121kb)
- Chapter 7 Putting It All Together - The Dynamic Shaft Fitting Index (file size 131kb)
2019 Shaft Fitting Addendum
The 2019 version of the annual Hireko trademarked shaft testing project provides up-to-date measurements of thousands of golf shafts. Included are technical measurements of raw and cut weights, frequencies, torques, shaft balance points and recommended swing speed ranges for each shaft. Included is an explanation of how to use the Dynamic Shaft Fitting Index (DSFI) in total club fitting applications. Written by Jeff Summitt.
TO DOWNLOAD SHAFT FITTING ADDENDUM, JUST CLICK ON THE CHAPTER!
- Chapter 1 Introduction and Cut Shaft Specifications (file size 122 kb)
- Chapter 2 Current Shaft Data (file size 179 kb)
- Chapter 3 Archived Shaft Data A - O (file size 346 kb)
- Chapter 4 Archived Shaft Data P - Z (file size 308 kb)
- Chapter 5 DSFI Listings (file size 218 kb)
For over 32 years, Hireko Golf has served the golf industry through its direct mail, website and retail channels. Hireko and Hireko's technical expertise has produced over a dozen nationally recognized publications and the Dynamic Shaft Fitting Index remains the dominant testing and development concept in shaft technology. Our brands include Orlimar, Acer, Dynacraft, iBella, Juggernaut, Bionik, SK Fiber and Karma. Hireko specializes in manufacturing and designing custom made golf clubs and distributing component club heads, golf grips, shafts and clubmaking tool and supplies. For more information visit www.hirekogolf.com.